Friday, May 28, 2010

Mom's grand tour: the mini version

My mom came to visit us recently and took a grand tour of Boston, DC and NYC.

Mom got to hang out in pedestrianized(!) Times Square with my sister-in-law and sister-in-law's family, and visited the boathouse pier my brother uses for canoeing/kayaking/paddling on the Hudson.

In DC, baby and teenage ducklings were all over the Mall. We trekked along Constitution Gardens, with its pretty island dedicated to the signers of the Declaration of Independence.

I think my mom liked Boston best. She and my sister managed to cram a lot of classic Boston landmarks into the above photo.

They even managed to make my hideous former college dorm look non-hideous here.

On the final night of her grand tour, my mom went out for a lobster dinner with my sister and my sister's friends. Here they all are, chilling out by Boston harbor. That's my sister's boyfriend and good friend in the top photo.

Last but not least, the reason my mom kicked-off her grand tour: to celebrate my sister's graduation! A big congratulations to my sister, her boyfriend, and all her friends - newly-minted physicians!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...