Friday, December 16, 2011

DRESS UP THAT CHANDELIER HANGING OVER YOUR DINING TABLE! LET'S GIVE IT A LITTLE BAAMM!

   This diy comes from www.pearls-handcuffs-happyhour.blogspot.com.  Everyone has some kind of chandelier that needs a little decorating.


Now, you must know that my holiday decorating style is a little traditional. Nothin' too fancy or funky {boring, I guess?!?! HA!!}...lots of reds, greens, & golds mixed in with TONS of greenery, berries, Santas, and trees. I really wanted to incorporate that into the dining room somehow and I was SO flippin' excited when I saw the funnest little show on HGTV the other day where they were spotlighting different ways to dress up your chandelier/light fixtures for the holidays. SCORE! SO...I immediately headed to Hobby Lobby to pick up what I needed and overall, this is my favorite so far!!! This is my take on a "Chandelier Tree"...


chandelier1



Whaddya think?! Do you love it?! Not gonna lie you guys...I reallly do!!!

Definitely my favorite chandelier decoration so far!

Wanna make your own?!

This is what you'll need:

A plain wreath

A strand of garland

Ribbon

Ornaments

And anything else you can think to use to decorate it!!

First, you'll need to start with the wreath. You'll need to place the wreath upside down underneath the base of the chandelier.



chandelier3



I had to secure my wreath with ribbon. I tied the wreath to the base on each stem of the chandelier. Of course, this clearly took a joint effort so Mr. Spouse had to lend a helping hand :)

NOW...take your garland and wrap it around the chain of your light fixture.



chandelier4 chandelier5



It's gonna look pretty plain, so you'll wanna {or maybe not} dress it up just a bit!

I took some red & gold ribbon and curled it down the sides of the garland, kinda like I would do on a Christmas tree. Once that was in place, I filled in the gaps with some ornaments & berries & then attached a fun & frivolous tassel {I freakin' LOVE tassels} to the center of my chandelier.



chandelier7



I really do love it! And the best part about everything?!! ALL of my supplies were on sale!

Wreath: $4

Garland: $4

Ribbon: $4

Ornaments & Berries: Free {cuz' I already had 'em on hand :)}

Total Cost: $12 {That's like a Thursday night dinner at Sonic}

Knowing that I have a brand new light fixture arrangement to look at, I had to have a new centerpiece for the table, too! Y'all. I'll be honest. I'm just excited the table isn't covered in drop cloths & paint supplies. This is the first time I've seen the table in MONTHS.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...