Monday, February 6, 2012

*DIY EDGAR ALLEN POE SKULL CENTEPIECE!






   This diy comes from www.alderberryhill.blogspot.com .  I like this one alot.  I like to make things scary and creepy without all of the bloog and gore.  This is right down my street.  Perfect for Halloween or a Day of The Dead Party. I give this 2 thumbs up!



Ghoulish Centerpiece.



And now I'll tell you all about it!




I had all of this already in the house, some of it I bought about a month ago, some of it is more than a year old.



The glass bowl & vase was thrifted, the skull and pumpkins are from the dollar store and the decorative balls were in my bathroom on the window sill looking fit for the garbage.






Putting this whole thing together was pretty simple.



Rip the scrapbook paper into strips and start adhering them to the skull with mod podge. Keep going until you've covered the entire skull leaving the eyes, nose & mouth uncovered.

Spray paint your bowl fillers & accessories with your desired spray paint - I chose silver.

Spray paint your bowl & vase as well - I chose black.

I also spray painted a wooden charger that I found in the kitchen cabinet above the fridge (the one that compiles things that I never use!) and I used the charger as the base.



I glued the vase to the bowl and the skull to the vase and the crow to the skull!(Oh, I put some black glitter on the skulls eyes & nose for a little bling! Just use a liquid glue)



Then I went outside to collect some branches to go with the moss and leaves I had left over from last year.



I poked leaves and sticks here and there and draped some moss around.

I played around with it a little bit until I thought it looked right.








































Imagine, Improvise & Invent



Sarah




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...