Thursday, February 16, 2012

DIY KEY HOOK HANGER AND SHELF!

   This diy comes from www.shanty-2-chic.com .  How many times do we  forget where our keys are?  What better way than to have that special key hanger.  I know you can do it!



This is one of my FAVORITE projects! It’s quick, easy and cheap! Lots of bang for your buck;)





I say cheap because I started with pieces from our scrap wood pile:)





I used an old sheet of bead board, a 1×6 and 1×3′s.





I trimmed out the bead board with the 1×3′s





using Gorilla Glue wood glue and a staple gun to secure them.





Next, I hammered a saw tooth hanger through the back.





I attached the 1×6 with wood glue and drilled 2″ screws through the back (pre drill so the wood doesn’t split)




I spray painted it with 1 coat of Rust-Oleum black gloss.





I found these super cute glass knobs at Hobby Lobby (50% off of course;)





and paired them with these pretty hooks from Home Depot.




I pre drilled holes for the hooks




and put the knobs through the top holes on the hooks then secured them on the back.




I attached it to the wall, added the metal buckets (purchased at Ikea for $1 each) and filled them with dried hydrangea.





That was it! Time invested was about 1 hour and money invested was about $15! LOVE:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...