Thursday, October 7, 2010

Nostalgia post: Childhood comfort food

Did you have any? That you still crave? Lately, I've been really craving mashed potatoes, a childhood staple (it was fun to shape them into "volcanoes" with melted butter for "lava").

I also loved peanut butter jelly sandwiches, while my (British) significant other enjoyed crisp sandwiches (eh?)

CRISP SANDWICH
A British childhood classic
Take a small pile of slightly-crushed crisps (potato chips) and squish them, with raw sliced onions, between two generously buttered slices of (I quote) "the most unhealthy white bread you can find." Voila!
Note:
For non-Brits, I *totally* understand if this sounds crazy! :)

P.S. Classic crisp sandwich (key to a (British) man's heart?)...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...