Saturday, November 12, 2011

HOMEMADE OREO COOKIES!

   This comes from www.yourcupofcake.com.  Nothing like the tast of homemade knock offs that look even better and tastier than the store bought brand.



Homemade Oreos


 


The Story:
I will try desserts that I have at parties, and think to myself “I can make this better.” Is that bad? Maybe. Or maybe it’s just a sign of an obsessive baker.
The first time I had these, they were good. But the cookies were over baked and the filling had way too much sugar. Now, they are fabulous.
This recipe is so easy and always gets rave reviews. I once had a friend ask for a cake-sized Oreo as her birthday cake. I always love a challenge.
If you love Oreos, you will think these are the Oreos from heaven.
If you want to make the cookie look a little classier, you can just top a single cookie with the filling, and place a raspberry or slice of strawberry on top.



Homemade Oreos



 
1 Devils Food Cake mix
2 eggs
1/3 cup oil

Filling:
4 oz cream cheese
¼ cup butter
1 ½ cups powder sugar*
½ teaspoon vanilla

Yield: 24 cookies, 12 sandwiches



Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix Devil’s food cake mix, eggs, and oil together. The dough will be very thick.
3. On a greased cookie sheet or on parchment paper, place dough balls about the size of a golf ball. You will need to make sure they are round and then pat them down with your fingers.
4. Bake for 7-10 minutes. Wait until just after they start to “crack” on the top.
5. Let cool on sheet for 2-3 minutes and then remove.
6. Filling: Beat cream cheese and butter together until smooth. Add vanilla. Add as much powdered sugar as desired. 
7. Refrigerate filling in Tupperware or in a piping bag until firm and cookies are cooled.
8. Frost cookies and make into sandwiches. 
9. Refrigerate cookies for at least 2 hours and serve chilled. Trust me, this makes them much better.



*I don’t measure my powdered sugar, I just taste test while I put it in. So depending on if you want the filling to taste more like cream cheese or sugar, adjust your amount.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...