Monday, November 29, 2010

Mini world food tour: Doughnuts

I had no idea when I posted on Hawaii's malasadas that similar doughnuts were so universal! Thanks to your sweet comments, I got a delish education on sugary dough treats around the world...
 Dutch oliebollen (thanks Signe and Inez!)

Jewish sufganiyot (thanks Ren and Topcoat!)

Polish pączki (thanks Just!)

Croatian krafne (thanks Elisa!)

I knew about this one, but I'll post it anyway!
New Orleans-via-France beignets (thanks Runaway Romantique!)

Another peek at Hawaii-via-Portugal malasadas :)

And much more fried dough around the world!
Is there a similar treat that you know and love?

(Images via Tippin' The Scales, This and That, No Sleep Til Mysore, Croatia Travel Information, Chuck PalahniukTeam Vision Virtual, and final collage images via Fried Dough Around the World.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...