Wednesday, January 18, 2012

DIY FAUX CURLED ROSEWOOD WREATH MADE FROM RECYCLED BOOK PAGES!







   This diy comes from www.bystephanielynn.com .  I really like this wreath.  I actually made one out of cones from stuff I had picked up at the Dollar Store.  Don't expect this to be done in a couple days either.  But remember, it's the end result that will look spectaculart.  Have fun and good luck!


DIY Faux Curled Rosewood Wreath {Made From Rolled Recycled Book Pages}


I have seen various versions of Faux Rosewood Wreaths in just about every store and catalog for the upcoming season; most with a price tag running upwards of $40 or more. Some are crafted of paper and other of real wood shavings.


Last year I made a few rolled flower gift toppers from recycled book pages and they remind me so much of the curled wood roses I thought they would make a good substitute. {with a much lower price tag}

Materials Needed:
Foam Wreath Form
Recycled Book Pages
Lots of Hot Glue
Ribbon to Hang

The full step by step tutorial I posted last year can be found {here}.
Basically you layer three book pages together and draw a spiral circle. Following the guidelines, cut along the spiral shape.


Starting with the outside of the spiral, roll the paper inward to create the flower shape.


Give the wreath form a light coat of white {or light color} spray paint to help camouflage any see-through spaces. Hot glue each individual paper flower onto the wreath, making sure to put them as close together as possible.


It seriously takes quite a few roses to fill the entire wreath, however I think the finished project has such a unique look.


{Simply Lovely}


Total Cost ~ $1
{The wreath form was the only thing purchased as I already had the recycled book, hot glue and ribbon}


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...