Monday, January 30, 2012

DIY GLAZED GLITTER EFFECT!






   This comes from www.iheart2stamp.com .  A lovely idea to make something more dementional, not just letters but almost anything else.  Good luck!


That’s what I love about this industry…you are able to learn something new {almost} everyday. Sometimes it’s can be something simple, sometimes it’s something really cool and other times you smack yourself on the forehead and say, “Why didn’t I think of that before!?” Well, the other day I was at Scrapper’s Boutique, my local scrapbook store where I work and teach, and the owner showed me this cool technique that she had done on chipboard with glitter and Diamond Glaze/Crystal Effects. It was one of those “Wow this is cool AND why didn’t I think of that?” moments, so I thought that I would share.
I’m actually going to start with the finish product/project and work my way to the details. This is the card that I made with the letter S having the Glazed Glitter technique {that’s just the name I came up with, call it what you will} applied…



susicard


By the way, the paper that I used might just be my new favorite. It’s the Quite Contrary line from My Mind’s Eye. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! I got picked mine up from Emma’s Paperie.
Here’s a detail shot of the S tag on the card…



susicard_detail


This technique is really quite simple, but I thought that I would show the step outs on how it is done. It’s so much easier to show things in pictures instead of trying to “show” them just in words. I wish I had the time to make more tutorials. Maybe this is a start! ;)



supplies


Supplies needed: chipboard or thick cardstock die cut, Diamond Glaze/Crystal Effects, fine glitter, adhesive to apply glitter {the MS glitter glue that came with the glitter is shown}.



sprinkleglitter


Apply adhesive to your chipboard. NOTE/TIP: I used a foam brush to ensure that I got a thin, even layer over the entire piece. Generously sprinkle glitter and shake off excess…



glitterapplied
applyce


Apply Diamond Glaze/Crystal Effects over the top of the glitter…



ceapplied


Allow to dry thoroughly and then attach to project.



s_dry


Here are a couple more detail shots of the S. Pictures really don’t do it justice! It’s so smooth, shiny and glittery all at once. I really wish that I would have learned this before Valentine’s day so I could have done it on hearts on Valentine projects. I’m pretty sure that I will be doing this on just about everything that needs a little bling!



s-on-tag_detail

So what do you think? Pretty cool, no? Let me know if you use this on any of your projects, as I would love to see what you come up with, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...