Thursday, January 26, 2012

MAKE YOUR OWN CHOCOLATE SYRUP!

   This diy comes from www.whatwillwedotoday.com .  Another fun and tastey thing to do with your children on a cold winter day!






Chocolate Syrup

I know I am a bit late, but Merry Christmas!!!
I cleaned, cooked, baked, shopped, wrapped, decked halls and jingled bells through Christmas and had a wonderful time. But, in all the excitement, I realized I forgot to get you a Christmas Present!!!
Oh my.
If I could, I would wrap a beautiful gift, attach a thoughtful card and send this to your home. I must have lost your address, so instead I will share my recipe for the Most Amazing, Decadent, Perfect for a host/hostess, “Oh my gosh I’ll never again buy store-bought” Chocolate Syrup recipe instead.




Chocolate Syrup

Ingredients

  • 1 1/2 cups water
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 3 cups sugar
  • 1 1/2 cups Dutch-process cocoa powder
  • 1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
  • 2 Tbsp light corn syrup

Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes

Instructions




  • Mix the water, sugar and salt in 1 1/2 cups of water and stir over medium heat.




  • Bring the mixture to a boil.




  • Whisk in the cocoa, vanilla and corn syrup and stir until all of the solids have dissolved.




  • Be careful not to let it get too hot and boil over!
  • I turned my head for just a minute. Just a minute I tell ya!!




  • Reduce sauce until slightly thickened.
  • Strain and cool to room temperature.




  • Pour into a clean glass jar, and store in the refrigerator.
  • Keeps for several months, but trust me it will be gone before then.




For my non-virtual friends, I found the cutest chocolate stirrers (Molinillo from Mexico) from Dean and Deluca and then found some fun bottles for the chocolate. I made somevanilla, cappuccino and peppermint marshmallows (thank you, sister Cathy, for the idea of the peppermint. Yum).
Perfect.
You can use this on ice cream, hot chocolate and …. drum roll please ….. in Chocolate Martinis.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...